Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Boston Terrier, 3yrs old, has recently started grinding her teeth. Has anyone else had this happen?

you need to call the local vet to get further information

My Boston Terrier, 3yrs old, has recently started grinding her teeth. Has anyone else had this happen?
I would gues that it's suppose to reduce plaque. My dog did it once. He's a whatchamacallit. lol But he does have terrier in him.
Reply:My dog grinds her teeth when her ears hurt. Other cases I've run into are anxiety. If the dog has no physical outlet, it can grind its teeth out of boredom as well. Try keeping her on a regimented exercize program (after a vet visit of course - she might be grinding out of pain somewhere else) and make sure she has a job of some kind (even if it's just obedience training). Most dogs if it's anxiety or boredom related will stop if exercized daily for at least 30 mins. outside the home.



web sites rating

No comments:

Post a Comment