Sunday, August 2, 2009

Post traumatic Stress Disorder has made me started grinding my teeth when I sleep. How can I stop this?

The very best thing for you is a dentist, you have TMJ. Only a dentist can help you w/this. However also a therapist to help you help yourself deal w/stress to help in preventing grinding your teeth. This can lead to more problems later if it's not resolved

Post traumatic Stress Disorder has made me started grinding my teeth when I sleep. How can I stop this?
you can get a night guard and wear it while you sleep. You can get them at Walmart in the sports section or have one made by your dentist.
Reply:That's called bruxism. Untreated it can cause serious damage to your teeth. Is your anxiety otherwise well-controlled? If you are on medication and your symptoms are not well-controlled, I would talk to the prescribing doctor, because ongoing symptoms of anxiety could be contributing.





Is your sleep otherwise disrupted? If not, a teeth guard as mentioned below would probably do the trick. If your sleep IS disrupted due to symptoms/whatever, a med adjustment might be in order. Hope that helps.



my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment